Kitten Care Services
What Does My New Kitten Need?
Congratulations, kittens are a great addition to the family! Now you need to be sure you start your kitten off right!
- Exams by a vet until they are 16 weeks of age
- Vaccines every 3-4 weeks until they are 16 weeks of age
- FeLV/FIV test – requires a small amount of blood to test for these infectious diseases that your kitten could have obtained from mom or its environment. It’s best to test your kitten prior to having contact with other cats as it can spread within your home.
- This test requires a small amount of blood
- Fecal testing to identify any parasites so they can be properly treated
- Flea, tick, and possibly heartworm prevention from your vet
- A clean litterbox – non-hooded boxes with unscented, scoopable litter are best
- Exercise – make time to play with your kitten daily
- Scratching post
- Socialization to other pets, children, and a variety of people
- A high quality kitten food